Project Management - Rua Augusta, Lisbon
Our Client, Sociedade de Escritórios acquired a property on Rua Augusta 147 – 155, Lisbon in order to refurbish it for a mixed retail and residential use. Comprising:.
- 6 short term rental apartments
- Benfica flagship store on the first and ground floors
- All building elevations to be maintained
- Complete internal Demolition
- Piled foundation
C&W was instructed as Project Manager, coordinating all aspects of design. We also managed the tender process for contractor selection. Our construction consultancy services were fundamental in providing value engineering and contract negotiation. . We supervised all works on site, namely:
- Demolition and piles foundations
- Structural and Civil works
- Finishes and Installations.
- Fit Out of the Benfica store.
Our services were invaluable in ensuring control of the entire process.
As it was only possible to carry out the soil survey after works commencement, the estimated lengths of the piles almost doubled, leading to additional time and cost.
Through rigorous contract management and work flow management on site it was possible to complete the works with minimal impact on the deadlines and overall construction cost.