International Bank - Diagnostic and Strategic Report of 15 properties located in Portugal
In 2012 an international bank requested that C&W carry out a Diagnostic and Strategic Report of 15 bad debt properties with the objective to define a strategy and plan of action which would enhance the value of the properties.
This is work is quite challenging due to the following:
- The countries current economic and financial situation, which has seen a strong retraction in bank financing and investment in the real estate market;
- The current real estate market situation, with the lack of buyers and transactions together with the oversupply of product has made the marketing period excessive for real estate property.
- The properties which were analyzed, which due to their characteristics or location will be very difficult to dispose of even when the real estate market becomes more active.
Through a multi task team which involves various sectors such as Capital Markets, Valuation & Advisory and Research & Consultancy, we identified the following case by case:
- Identified various anomalies verified in the properties as well as in the local market;
- Analyzed the existing competition;
- SWAT analysis of the properties.
Based on this analysis, we identified strategic plans which we believe would assist in reaching the main goal set out, which in most cases, was to dispose of the properties in the shortest period of time at the best possible price. We set out various solutions which would make this viable.
The Client agreed that there were opportunities in the various solutions supplied, and consequently requested support from C&W in order to take further measures as follows:
- Asset and Project Management;
- Every day operation management;
- Strategic Management;
- Support in marketing the properties.